What has Chemistry got to do with food? (C11)
Maths / Science
Did you know that when you are cooking your food you are creating a chemical reaction. Food is made up of chemistry, come and find out about it.
Have you heard about Acids and Bases?
Do you want to make food using chemistry?
How does milk become cheese? It’s also chemistry!!
- Students are to investigate matter in terms of pure substances and mixtures and techniques to separate mixtures
- Students are to investigate the acid/base nature of foods and chemical reactions common in food preparation.
- Students are to investigate the chemistry of some common foods eg cheese / bread / hokey pokey/ginger beer
- Students are able to perform operations using Fractions, Decimals and Percentages.
- Students are able to convert Fractions, Decimals and Percentages.