Raukawatanga/Tōku Tuakiritanga (B15)
Students will have the opportunity to learn how to read, write and speak Te Reo Māori confidently. They will be involved in a Marae noho where they will be required to spend 1-2 nights learning about whakawhanaungatanga (building relationships) / tikanga (protocol) / waiata (sings) / History (Hītori) about our local area.
- Introduce ourselves confidently and with mana.
- Identify and discuss what it means to be me.
- Learning to speak, read and write basic Te Reo Māori confidently.
- Learn about Tikanga on the marae.
- Identify and locate significant places of Raukawa e.g. marae, boundaries.
- History about the Raukawa area/s.